A setting rich in history
Formerly known as the Conboy Carriage Co. Ltd., our location is considered to be part of the Ontario Heritage Act for its cultural significance.
Built in 1844, the building is a three-story, brick-clad factory warehouse and was an early example of this type of construction in the King-Spadina neighbourhood.
The building’s namesake – Daniel Conboy – was an Irish immigrant and established a carriage-top making business in Vallentine in 1860, relocating to Toronto’s King Street West area in 1884. After a period of great success, Conboy transitioned from carriage tops to the production of luxurious auto bodies, and was first granted the only license outside of Britain to supply Rolls Royce.
Today, Baro is proud to maintain this important commercial manufacturing factory-warehouse style building, its architectural character and scale, and continues to contribute to the King Street West community.
Pablo’s Snack House
On-Site Catering & Outside Caterers